Tuesday 9 June 2015

Goals

I have several different goals for this project. My primary goal is to restore the beat up sport quad I purchased back to a healthy operating condition. This will include  fixing a mysterious, and debilitating, motor issue, repairing plastics, changing fluids, changing filters, and probably fixing new problems I discover while fixing the old ones. I hope that by the end of this project I will be able to rip on  this quad with my friends, without having to worry about any problems.

My second goal is to learn as much as possible about the function and mechanics of the internal combustion motor, as well as maintenance, and servicing information. I believe that it is important to learn such things, because almost every adult uses at least 1 type of internal combustion motor on a near daily basis ( in the form of an automobile), and every motor requires semi frequent basis. By knowing how a motor workings and how to properly maintain and service it, you can not only save money by not having to take your motor to a shop for basic maintenance, you can prevent major problems by recognizing signs of a problem before it gets serious. I think that learning about motors will make my life easier in the future, and probably save me time and money.

My third goal is to learn because its fun. The interactions of moving parts of machines, motorized or not has always fascinated me, and I always want to know how they work. It never fails to amaze me how intelligently designed most mechanical devises, are I sometimes wish I could create such things. When I look at how a combustion engine works, I see a type of mechanical beauty. God has instilled upon man  intelligence, and resources. He has given us both the mental, and  physical resources necessary to create complex, and amazing things. I believe this project follows the religious through line of  beauty creating, even though at fist glance, a greasy, smelly machine may seem anything but beautiful. I believe we can honor God in our work, using our christian values in the decisions we make, and the tasks we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment